Population Data BC (PopData) is home to one of the world's most comprehensive collections of health care, health services and population health data. These data sets include longitudinal, person-specific, de-identified health data on BC's 4.7 million residents, from 1985 forward.
PopData offers the following services for qualified Researchers:
- Access to a rich source of linkable, person specific, but de-identified data on British Columbians, including health service records, population health data and census geographic areas
- Co-ordination of the entire data access process, including guidance, support, and advice when applying to access our data holdings and/or link them to other data sets (including Researcher-collected data)
- A streamlined, harmonized and transparent access procedure for applying for data from multiple Data Stewards
- DARonline - An online data access request form featuring user-friendly navigation, help and troubleshooting advice and the ability to generate project-specific documentation
- Remote access to the Secure Research Environment (SRE), a central server for data storage and analysis, including encrypted backups, software, and other services to ensure compliance with data access requirements
In the DATA ACCESS pages of this site you will find: