Researcher tools and resources
- AppTracker - Realtime access to detailed project status information online via PopData’s project management system
- BC Data ScoutTM - BC Data ScoutTM is BC’s first data feasibility service and one of the initial data services to be offered by the BC SUPPORT Unit
- Metadata Central - An online system for access to file and field level summaries for selected data sets held at PopData.
- DARonline - Our online data application request (DAR) features user-friendly navigation, the ability for researchers and Data Stewards to generate project-specific documentation, and the ability for multiple individuals to review and edit the same DAR. Access to the DAR is through my.popdata.bc.ca, under the ‘Researcher Tools’ tab. You will need a my.popdata account to log in. If you don’t have an account, please visit https://my.popdata.bc.ca/accounts/register/.
- Snippets - a place where researchers and data analysts can share various bits or snippets of code they have written.
- Consent form decision tree - for help with choosing the correct consent form templates when collecting data
Education and training courses - PopData's Education and Training Unit (ETU) offers a range of in-person workshops and free online courses for researchers.