Introduction to Data Science Webinar Series - Module 1: Introduction to Machine Learning (Session 1)
All sessions will be delivered live and online via the Gotowebinar system.
Can’t attend the live session? This presentation will be recorded and posted on the PopData's YouTube channel and the CANUE website for future reference. We recommend you register for the presentations of your choice so we can send you a link to the latest recorded sessions as they are available.
Presented by Population Data BC and the Canadian Urban Environmental Health Research Consortium. This FREE webinar series aims to highlight the value of specific data science methods and techniques for health and environmental research.
- What is machine learning?
- Supervised vs unsupervised learning
- Model- and kernel-based methods
- Measures of accuracy (test/train and cross-validation)
- Causality and accuracy
- Unsupervised learning as feature reduction