Association between prescription drug use and ocular disorders: an observational study using the British Columbia Linked Databases
The objective of this study is to quantify the risk of three prevalent eye diseases (glaucoma, cataracts and diabetic retinopathy) and their association with three popular prescription drug classes (Biphosphonates, sulpha drugs and statins). In this study, we will use epidemiologic methodology and use of the British Columbia Linked Databases to asnwer our study questions. Another objective of this study is to encourage collaboration in pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety research and also promote the use of BCLHD in BC.
- Etminan M, Maberley DA, Babiuk DW, Carleton BC. (2016). Risk of Myocardial Infarction and Stroke with Single or Repeated Doses of Intravitreal Bevacizumab in Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Am J Ophthalm;163:53-8.
- Mammo Z, Guo M, Maberley DA, Matsubara JA, Etminan M. (2016). Oral bisphosphonates and risk of macular degeneration. Accepted for publication in the Am J Ophthalmol, 2016 (EPUB).
- Forooghian F, Maberley D, Albiani DA, Kirker AW, Merkur AB, Etminan M. (2013). Uveitis Risk following Oral Fluoroquinolone Therapy: A Nested Case-control Study. Ocul Immunol Inflamm 21:390-3.
- Pakzad-Vaezi KL, Etminan M, Mikelberg FS. (2013). The Association between Cataract Surgery and Atypical Antipsychotic Use: A Nested Case-Control Study. Am J Ophthalmol 156:1141-1146.
- Etminan M, Maberley D, Mikelberg FS. (2012). Use of Topiramate and Risk of Glaucoma: A Case-Control Study. Am J Ophthalmol 153:827-3
- Etminan M, Forooghian F, Maberley D. (2012). Inflammatory ocular adverse events with the use of oral bisphosphonates: a retrospective cohort study. CMAJ 184:E431-4.
- Etminan M, Forooghian F, Brophy JM, Bird S, Maberley D. (2012). Oral Fluoroquinolones and risk of retinal detachment. JAMA 307:1414-1419.
- Etminan M, Mikelberg FS, Brophy JM. (2010). Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and the risk of cataracts: a nested case-control study.