Physician- and region-level variations in health care services use
Friday, March 9, 2012
University of British Columbia (UBC)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research(CIHR)
College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
Hospital Separations (BC Ministry of Health)
consolidation - census geocodes
Deaths (BC Vital Statistics Agency)
MSP Registration & Premium Billing(BC Ministry of Health)
Consolidation - demographic (Ministry of Health)
ACG Case Mix Group (Johns Hopkins University)
Medical Services Plan (BC Ministry of Health)
Consolidation registry (Ministry of Health)
- McGrail K, Lavergne R, Lewis S. The chronic disease explosion: artificial bang or empirical whimper? BMJ 2016; 352 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i1312 (Published 15 March 2016)
- McGrail, Kimberlyn, Ruth Lavergne, Steven J. Lewis, Sandra LM Peterson, Morris Barer, and Scott R. Garrison. "Classifying Physician Practice Style: A New Approach Using Administrative Data in British Columbia." Medical care 53, no. 3 (2015): 276-282.
- Lavergne M.R., Peterson S, Sivananthan S, McKendry R, McGrail KM. Trends in full-service family practice in British Columbia, 1991-2010. Healthcare Policy. In press, expected publication May 2014
- Lavergne, M. R., S. Peterson, R. Mckendry, S. Sivananthan, and K. McGrail. "Full-Service Family Practice in British Columbia: Policy Interventions and Trends in Practice, 1991-2010." Healthcare policy= Politiques de sante 9, no. 4 (2014): 32-47.
- Moore, Sarah E., Kimberlyn M. McGrail, Sandra Peterson, Manoj J. Raval, Ahmer A. Karimuddin, P. Terry Phang, Brian Bressler, and Carl J. Brown. "Infliximab in ulcerative colitis: the impact of preoperative treatment on rates of colectomy and prescribing practices in the province of British Columbia, Canada." Diseases of the Colon & Rectum 57, no. 1 (2014): 83-90.
- Lavergne R, McGrail KM. What, if anything, does amenable mortality tell us about regional health system performance? Healthcare Policy, 8(3): 79-91, 2013.
Presentation of research material (poster/seminar/lecture etc.)
- McGrail K. Variations in physician practice: Quantifying the implications for total Canadian health care spending, OR What can health services research tell us about primary care?. Western Regional Training Centre in Health Services Research. Regina, SK. 14 October 2014.
- McGrail K. Variations in health care system costs: Overview of a program of research. Fraser Health Authority. 5 September 2014.
- McGrail KM. Physician footprints in British Columbia: Variations in care and implications for health care system costs. International Health Economics Association. Dublin, Ireland. 15 July 2014.
- McGrail K. Variations in health care system costs: Overview of a program of research. Research in Focus session, BC Ministry of Health. 3 July 2014.
- McGrail KM. Physician footprints in British Columbia: Variations in care and implications for health care system costs. International Health Data Linkage Conference. Vancouver, BC. 29 April 2014.
- McGrail K. Variations and health care system costs: An introduction to a program of research. Vancouver Division of Family Practice. 21 February 2014.
- McGrail K. Variations and health care system costs: An introduction to a program of research. Doctors of BC Council on Health Economics and Policy. 14 February 2014.
- McGrail K. Physician footprints in British Columbia: Variations in care and implications for health care system costs. Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation. 3 February 2014.
- McGrail K. Physician footprints in British Columbia: Variations in care and implications for health care system costs. Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University. 28 November 2013.
- McGrail KM, Peterson S, Lavergne R and the Variations Research Team. Not all high users are created equal: Correlates of higher-than-expected health care services use in British Columbia, Canada. Scottish Health Information Program conference. St. Andrews, Scotland. 29 August 2013.
- McGrail K. "A conceptual framework for variations in health care". Canadian Health Services Research Foundation CEO Forum. Montreal, PQ. 16 February 2011.