Home IV Evaluation (HIVE): Analysis of outpatient intravenous antibiotic therapy in British Columbia
1) How has G33655 been used to support outpatient IV therapy in BC?
2) Did the introduction of the G33655 fee code policy increase the use of outpatient IV antibiotic therapy in BC?
3) How does outpatient IV antibiotic therapy compare to in-hospital IV antibiotic therapy in terms of adverse events and healthcare costs?
1) The G33655 was used for a broad range of patients and conditions.
2) The introduction of the G33655 fee code policy was associated with an increase in the use of outpatient IV antibiotic therapy.
3) Outpatient IV antibiotic therapy is associated with fewer adverse events and lower healthcare costs compared to in-hospital IV antibiotic therapy.