Workplace Fatal and Serious Injuries in British Columbia: Comparison of Case Ascertainment Across Data Sources
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
University of British Columbia (UBC)
Deaths (BC Vital Statistics Agency)
Consolidation file (BC Ministry of Health)
Hospital Separations (BC Ministry of Health)
- Koehoorn M, Tamburic L, Xu F, Alamgir H, Demers P, McLeod C. Characteristics of work-related fatal and hospitalised injuries not captured in workers’ compensation data. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2015; 72(6): 413-20. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25713157
Presentation of research material (poster/seminar/lecture etc.)
- Fan J, McLeod C, Koehoorn M. Serious injuries among high risk industries and occupations in British Columbia, Canada. 21st International Conference on Epidemiology in Occupational Health. Taipei, Taiwan, April 20-25, 2010. http://pwhr.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2012/04/Serious-injuries-poster-EPICO...
- McLeod C, Fan J. Serious injuries in BC: Trends and future directions. WorkSafeBC Research Day. Richmond, BC, 10 March 2011
- Koehoorn M, Tamburic L, Xu F, Alamgir A, Demers P, McLeod C. Are all fatal and hospitalized work-related injuries captured in workers compensation data? Annual Symposium on Environmental, Occupational and Public Health. Semiahmoo, WA: Jan. 8-9, 2015.
- Koehoorn M, McLeod C, Tamburic L, Xu F, Alamgir A, Demers P. Are all work-related injuries captured in workers’ compensation data? Canadian Association for Research on Work and Health (CARWH) conference. Saskatoon, SK: Oct. 19-22, 2014.
- Fan J, McLeod C, Koehoorn M. Descriptive epidemiology of serious work-related injuries in British Columbia. Canadian Public Health Association Conference. Montreal, QC, June 19-22, 2011. [Conference presentation.] http://resources.cpha.ca/CPHA/Conf/Data/2011/A11-664e.pdf
- Koehoorn M, Tamburic L, Xu F, Alamgir A, Demers P, McLeod C. Are all fatal and hospitalized work-related injuries found in workers’ compensation data (peer reviewed). Research Report to WorkSafeBC, Workers’ Compensation Board of British Columbia. Report#RS2010-OG15 Richmond, BC: October 2014.
- Koehoorn M, Tamburic L, Xu F, Alamgir AH, Demers PA, McLeod CB. Work-related Fatal and Serious Injuries in British Columbia: Are all fatal and hospitalized work-related injuries found in workers’ compensation data? Final Report to WorkSafeBC. RS2010-OG15. Richmond (BC): 2014.