Population Data BC (PopData) is home to one of the world's most comprehensive collections of health care, health services and population health data. These data sets include longitudinal, person-specific, de-identified health data on BC's 4.7 million residents, from 1985 forward.
PopData offers the following services for qualified Researchers:
- Access to a rich source of linkable, person specific, but de-identified data on British Columbians, including health service records, population health data and census geographic areas
- Co-ordination of the entire data access process, including guidance, support, and advice when applying to access our data holdings and/or link them to other data sets (including Researcher-collected data)
- A streamlined, harmonized and transparent access procedure for applying for data from multiple Data Stewards
- DARonline - An online data access request form featuring user-friendly navigation, help and troubleshooting advice and the ability to generate project-specific documentation
- Remote access to the Secure Research Environment (SRE), a secure private cloud for data storage and analysis, including encrypted backups, software, and other services to ensure compliance with data access requirements