Submission form for the Pre-public Disclosure Review of Research Materials
In signing a Research Agreement with a public body for access to data, researchers commit to sending Research Materials to the public body in advance of public dissemination. Data Stewards, as those responsible for ensuring appropriate uses of the public body’s data, check that: privacy / confidentiality requirements are upheld; there is no gross misuse of the data; and that the data is appropriately referenced.
PLEASE ENSURE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ARE INCLUDED BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESEARCH MATERIALS
- Disclaimer requirement: The following disclaimer language is required to be included in all presentation materials (with the exception of conference abstracts):
"All inferences, opinions, and conclusions drawn in this [insert type of research output] are those of the authors, and do not reflect the opinions or policies of the Data Steward(s)."
- Data source citations: Data sources must be cited in all publications (e.g., articles, journals, these and dissertations). Please refer to the How to cite data sources page for further guidance.
How to reference Population Data BC
Please use the full name, Population Data BC when referencing Population Data BC in:
- Grant/funding applications
- Conference presentations or discussions
- Interviews or articles
- Reports, papers or other published research outputs
Do not use PDBC or PopData BC or PopData
Please note: Population Data BC will submit the Research Materials for review to all relevant Data Stewards, including the Ministry of Health, on your behalf. If you prefer, you may submit directly to the Ministry of Health at Research DataAccessServices@gov.bc.ca and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the form below for each item of Research Material which is being submitted for review.