Are you a researcher who is collecting data? Do you need a secure data storage and management space? REDCap may be the answer!
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture), a secure, sophisticated web application for building and managing online surveys and databases, is now available for health researchers in BC. REDCap is a powerful tool that has more sophisticated logic features for health researchers compared to basic survey and database programs.
PopData is offering access to and support for the use of REDCap for Research Ethics Board (REB)-approved research projects. Access to REDCap can be requested free of charge only if the work meets the definition of patient-oriented research.
This project is offered through a partnership between the BC Academic Health Science Network (BC AHSN) and the BC SUPPORT Unit, BC Children’s Hospital, the Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation (C2E2), Interior Health, Island Health and Population Data BC.
Access can be requested free of charge only if the research work meets the definition of patient-oriented research. General (non-patient-oriented) research project members can access REDCap support for a one-time fee of $500.
To use this service, all research teams must have ethics approval for a project or must be in the process of obtaining ethics approval.
Basic Support Package:Creation of the project in the REDCap platform, based on the investigator’s description of the study Authorizing the user access process as per the investigator’s specifications Up to four hours of in-person (or remote) REDCap training for the research team
Additional data management services can be provided at a rate of $75 per hour, including:Additional trouble shooting support (for unexpected complications or arising complex situations in your study), if needed Special project design or report building Substantial modification of requirements Advanced customizations Miscellaneous
- Up to two hours of online help per 12-months
- Provision of a secure environment for your study data (encryption, firewalls, frequent backups and recovery plan)
- Software updates and additional new functionalities when available
What is REDCap?
REDCap(Research Electronic Data Capture), a secure, sophisticated web application for building and managing online surveys and databases, is now available for health researchers in BC. Licensing of REDCap through the BC Academic Health Sciences Network enables us to support researchers across the province.
Why should I use REDCap? How will it help me?
REDCap is a powerful tool that has more sophisticated logic features for health researchers compared to basic survey and database programs.
Further information and tutorials for REDCap are available here:
- BC AHSN REDCap Documentation
- Welcome to BC AHSN REDCap (2) > download
- BC AHSN REDCap Service Agreement Resolution (1) > download
- Analyzing your data after REDCap > download
- BC AHSN REDCap API Security - Best Practices and User Manual (2) > download
- BC AHSN REDCap Privacy and Security Agreement (1) > download
- BC AHSN REDCap Mobile App Best Practice Guidelines (3) > download
- BC AHSN REDCap Mobile App Manual (3) > download
- BC AHSN REDCap System Validation Certificate (version 10) > download
Standard operating procedure documentation
- SOP 100 - BC AHSN REDCap New Project Request (1) > download
- SOP 101 - BC AHSN REDCap Adding New Users (1) > download
- SOP 102 - BC AHSN REDCap User Training > download
- SOP 103 - BC AHSN REDCap Service Agreement and Project Creation > download
- SOP 104 - BC AHSN REDCap Invoicing and Payment > download
- SOP 105 - BC AHSN REDCap Code Management (1) > download
- SOP 106 - BC AHSN REDCap Mobile App & API > download
- SOP 107 - BC AHSN REDCap Project Archiving > download
- SOP 108 - BC AHSN REDCap Software Upgrade > download
- SOP 109 - BCAHSN Onboarding a Regional Hub Administrator > download
- SOP 110 - BC AHSN REDCap Auditing REDCap Usage > download
- SOP 111 - BC AHSN REDCap Project Lifecycle > download
- SOP 112 - BC AHSN REDCap Validation > download