In signing a Research Agreement with a public body for access to data, researchers commit to sending Research Materials to the public body in advance of public dissemination. Data Stewards, as those responsible for ensuring appropriate uses of the public body’s data, check that: privacy / confidentiality requirements are upheld; there is no gross misuse of the data; and that the data is appropriately referenced.
PLEASE ENSURE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ARE INCLUDED BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR RESEARCH MATERIALS
- Disclaimer requirement: The following disclaimer language is required to be included in all presentation materials (with the exception of conference abstracts):
"All inferences, opinions, and conclusions drawn in this [insert type of research output] are those of the authors, and do not reflect the opinions or policies of the Data Steward(s)."
- Data source citations: Data sources must be cited in all publications (e.g., articles, journals, these and dissertations). Please refer to the Publishing Research Materials and Data Steward requirements page for further guidance.
How to reference Population Data BC
Please use the full name, Population Data BCwhen referencing Population Data BC in:
- Grant/funding applications
- Conference presentations or discussions
- Interviews or articles
- Reports, papers or other published research outputs
Do not use PDBC or PopData BC or PopData
Please complete the form below for each item of Research Material which is being submitted for review.