The Call for Proposals to access the Provincial Overdose Cohort is currently closed. Please check in 2022 for the next call.
Data source: Various
Cases start from January 1, 2015 and end on December 31st, 2019
The Provincial Overdose Cohort includes people who have experienced a fatal or non-fatal overdose in BC since January 2015. De-identified data from the following sources is available:
- Medical Service Plan (MSP) billings
- Discharge Abstract Database (DAD)
- National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS)
- Client Registry (demographic information)
- BC Emergency Health Services (BC EHS)
- BC Coroner’s Service (BCCS)
- Drug and Poison Information Centre (DPIC)
- Chronic Disease Registry
- Mental Health Data Warehouse (MHDW)
- Vital Statistics Deaths
- Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (SDPR) Data
A reference population is available for analysis as well.
The 2019 Cohort includes overdose cases from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2019, with health-related data starting on January 1, 2010 (starting on April 1, 2011 for NACRS).
- People who have experienced at least one fatal or non-fatal overdose episode in BC since January 2015.
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website for more information on exclusions.
- Important additional information
- Linkage to other data sets is NOT allowed.
- Data availability
Please note that this data is only available for request during an open Call for Proposal. Check whether there is an open Call at the top of this page.