Today’s society has a growing interest in maintaining and improving the health of entire populations.
As a result, there is a need for trained professionals who understand the intricacies of population health, have the tools to accurately examine, analyse and evaluate health data, and realise the importance of this work to inform and advance positive health outcomes within societies.
Our certificate program in Population Health Data Analysis meets these needs.
This professional certificate provides a unique opportunity to learn a diverse set of skills from multiple disciplines. While each course has its own distinct objectives, all will contribute to the development and/or enhancement of the following knowledge and skills:
- Evaluating the benefits and limitations of specific kinds of population health related data
- Accessing administrative health data and knowing how to prepare it for data analysis
- Developing theoretical knowledge and understanding in advanced statistical analysis of administrative health data
- Reviewing and analysing case scenarios involving health data analysis and related health outcomes
- Advancing health data analyses and evaluation skills through hands on exercises, labs and/or tutorials using training data sets
- Expanding advanced health data analysis skills in topics specific to individual research or work environments including epidemiology, administration and geomatics
Program applications and course inquiries are ongoing.
For additional details regarding program application or course registration contact:
Ann Greenwood, Program Coordinator, Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria, phone: 250 721 8627
This program has been developed by Population Data BC in partnership with the Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria.
For further details, visit the Division of Continuing Studies webpage.