The Education and Training Unit (ETU) is an analysis training centre that supports research on human health, well-being and development, and responds to the training and education needs of researchers and population health professionals.
In this section of the website you will find information on:
This professional certificate provides a unique opportunity to learn a diverse set of skills from multiple disciplines.
This program has been developed by Population Data BC in partnership with the Division of Continuing Studies, University of Victoria.
We offer FREE online courses and resources in the areas of:
- Administrative data
- Health geomatics
- Statistical analysis
- Advanced Methods for the Analysis of Population-wide Health Administrative Data Series - highlights the value of population-wide administrative data and related advanced analytic methods for health research
- The Power of Population Data Science Series - highlights the value of data linkage and related data-intensive analytics by profiling some of the most recent International Journal of Population Data Science (IJPDS) publications by national and international Population Data Scientists
- Introduction to Data Science Webinar Series (2018/19) - highlighting the value of specific data science methods and techniques for health and environmental research
- Coast to Coast Webinar Series (2015) - The power of linked administrative health data for population health research: robust data and progressive data analytics
- COAG Colloquium Series (2015) - Optimizing Aging and Health: Methods and Applications
- COAG Colloquium Series (2014) - Optimizing Aging and Health: Methods and Applications